What I do:
Form 1040, Personal Returns, which include:
- Itemized Deductions
- Small Businesses
- Rental properties
- Stock/Capital sales – gains & losses
- Royalties, including oil & gas or book income.
- K—1’s from partnerships & S corporations
- and other tax issues, including state returns, whether 1 state or multi-state returns.
- As part of services to Small Businesses and Rental Properties, I can help you pick the right business structure, create LLC’s/ corporations (typically LLC’s in Michigan) and implement the structure.
- Trusts – I generally recommend revocable living trusts, which provide flexibility and control while you are alive, and simplify the disposition of your property after you are gone.
- Wills – a will is necessary, even if you have a trust
- Powers of attorney and Medical Powers of attorney
There are many times when probate is helpful and even necessary. While having a trust can avoid probate, there can be (politely) disagreements between beneficiaries, assets discovered outside the trust, and/or unexpected legal complexities: all situations where is necessary for an authority making a binding decision.
I can prepare the documents to create an estate, represent an estate, or represent beneficiaries in claims against the estate.